Thursday, April 2, 2009

Friday Night at Denmans?

I did a commute to work on the road bike on Wednesday. I was working downtown for a few days and figured that I would ride home via the PRC Wednesday night ride. I was surprised to see many of the CITA Brothers all ready to ride dirt! Apparently the trails are in great shape and Taco Wednesday is back in full swing.

Although I was jealous of the guys riding the singletrack, I did get a good workout in on the pavement. The group rolled out slow, but still animated compared to normal. I think the fact that the Tuesday Night World Championship ride was too cold added a few more to the Wednesday ride. No problem, my goal was to bust a lung and hold on as long as possible for a good workout. Lap 1, I took too long of a pull at the front and blew up on a longer climb. I chased back as long as possible and reeled in a few others, but couldn't make further headway. Fortunately, the leaders had stopped to regroup and to see who wanted to do another lap. This time I paid more attention and stayed with a good group for the loop. My heart was in my throat for a good portion of the ride, so this was good.

I stopped by Giff's Tavern to see the dirt guys and then finished my commute home. All totaled I rode 61 miles for the day and a good portion was at a fast tempo. Finally, a good workout.

Anyway, the weather is looking good for a Friday evening ride. My girls are wanting to get on their bikes, so I'm thinking of hitting Denmans sometime between 5-6pm. Hope to see some of you out there.
Don't forget the CITA work day at Summerset/Banner State Park (towards Indianola). Oakley swag give-aways. Starts at 9am. If you need a ride, let me know. I'll be bringing the bike and gear to ride after the work and lunch.

No comments: