Sunday, April 19, 2009

Bonebender Recap

All I can say is that it could be a fun race (when the trails are dry). Due to the rain the morning of the race, it was just a decent 2hr workout before I gave up. We were told that the fast guys could lap this between 45-50 minutes. I believe that is possible on a dry course. As it was, I made it 2/3 of a lap in when I hit the two hour mark. All I saw was $$$ as I heard the mud grinding into the parts on the bike. I pulled the plug and headed to the pits for a shower. I'll let the pics tell the rest of the story (stolen from Cow Town Cycling).Dennis completing his 1st lap. Dennis doesn't have the sense to stop any endeavor (that's a compliment), so you know it is bad when you see this stare coming from him.
A random pic of someones drive train.

Another random shot. Check out how the crank and chainrings appear to be one solid piece of mud/metal.
Brian (Squirrel) after his finish. 4 laps in 6 hrs, 1st place overall, fastest lap, etc., etc. A great showing.
I'll have to go back for a dry race sometime. I think this course would suit me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That stinks the weather did not cooperate. Did you ride clean up OK?

Iowagriz said...

I spent Sunday cleaning the bike, pulled the chain off and soaked, pulled the rear derailleur apart. I rode tonight and all appear to be back to normal. Whew!