Sunday, February 1, 2009

Saturday's Gravel Ride

Fuller, Sumpter and Will met at my house for a 7am gravel grinder. It was a warm 28 degrees and we headed south towards the booneville loop. We met Rick and Squirrel and pushed into the wind. I was off the back all morning, but Will kept me company. We did one loop for 40 miles. The others did two. I saw Sumpter later in the day and feed him beer & pizza so he could finish with a hundy.

So my hundy streak ends at twelve. I actually feel good about that. At one point in the ride (when I realized that I wasn't riding a century), I looked over at Will and told him how I was relieved that I didn't have to keep track of pavement miles any longer. At that point it seems like the ride became more refreshing.

1 comment:

Buckshot77 said...

I know exactly what you mean Tom. I kept thinking of different ways to sneak mileage in on Saturday and finally decided 50 sounded like a good round number. Good thing too as I was cooked when I got back to the truck.