Sunday, February 8, 2009

09 Guys Ski Trip - Seattle edition

Another great trip in the books. As posted before, this one was a last minute affair. The tickets were booked on Monday, I left Wednesday and we skied Thurs, Fri and Sat. I returned on Sunday. It was actually the perfect amount of time. We skied hard, partied a fair amount and caught up on each others lives.
Tom, my brother Tim and David, my high school skiing buddy. This pic is from the top of Crystal Mtn. Yes, this was a picture perfect day. We made 4 or 5 laps from this top lift. The runs are in yesterday's post.
David (Fluffy) is a big guy that has a laid back persona. It is evident in this picture.

It was snowing on Friday at Stevens Pass. Most of the steep North facing runs had some good snow. We had it to ourselves all day.

Fluffy can be an imposing figure.....at speed......in a steep chute......above you.

You don't want to miss the 1st turn at the top of this section. Look how quickly the chairs are dropping away :)

No injuries, which is fairly rare for our ski trips. We played it smart and quit before the legs were jelly. Always saved it for the next day. However, we didn't take it easy while skiing. No more major cliffs or jumps for us old guys, but the GS turns on the groomers were quit fun. I brought the GPS to pay with. 55.2 on Friday and 63.3 on Saturday. I always knew we skied fast and used to estimate 30-40 mph was common. After feeling checking the speeds after several runs, I think we will have to up those numbers to 40-50 is fairly common with these guys. Disclaimer: Not with crowds around and only in wide open areas.

More pics on the flicr site, here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No visits to El HospeeTall?

Iowagriz said...

I tried to check out the fastening bolts for a lift tower at around 20mph. Once I got close enough to see they were still fastened I quickly recovered/turned away. Otherwise, it was an abnormally tame trip.