Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Tuesday's ride up Pattee Canyon

Tuesday's plan was to ride up Pattee Canyon for 1.5hrs to see if I could find the new (to me) trail that the others rode on their hundy. After 1hr of climbing to the top of Mt. Sentinel I called Holly to see about a lunch meet-up with the family. Lucky for me they we already eating and I could add more miles. I rolled around looking for more of the past favorites and then finally down the new singletrack. 23.5 miles and another 3-4000 ft of climbing (haven't checked the GPS yet).
These posts are backwards, but the same trail that I rode down on Tuesday was where the fire started on Wednesday. As I write this post at 10:30pm, I'll be surprised if the whole frontside of Mt. Sentinel isn't charred by the morning.

GPS file: http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/6210248

I was close with my estimate. 3500 in climbing. Check out the first climb and the 1st part of the last descent (in the graph).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any Bear sightings on your rides Griz?

Iowagriz said...

No bear, just a bunch of deer. I nearly t-boned a buck on Sunday's ride.