Monday, May 10, 2010

Kitchen Upgrade

We have never been totally satisfied with the original kitchen in the house, but being stubbornly frugal, I've never wanted to upgrade. On the other hand, I've upgraded a few bikes in the past six years, so the chance of adding another new bike before the kitchen was slim.

The original look. White appliances, white Corian counter tops.
The new granite counter tops, with the white appliances. Had hoped this would work, but still not the finished look. We did sell the appliances and counter top on Craigslist.
The finished product. The new appliances completed the look that we were going for.

5 comments:

Jason T. Nunemaker said...

"Stubbornly frugal" is the nicest way to say "cheap" that I've ever heard. :-)

Place looks great, though. And now whenever you want to buy another bike, it's going to seem really cheap compared to a new kitchen... so there was some method to your madness after all...

Iowagriz said...

I knew my cycling friends would see right through my reasons. I just hope Holly doesn't read the comments.

Diane said...

I love the new look! I think we have that same granite. Love, love, love the granite! But upgrade for us ever!

Now how about fingerprints on the appliances? I've heard that's a bear to keep up with...

Well done Tom!

Diane said...

Oops, that should read BEST upgrade for us ever!

Iowagriz said...

Diane, I think that the fingerprints bothered Holly for the 1st week, then you learn to live with it. Of course, our girls aren't leaving random, sticky handprints all over the house any longer.