Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to Tom!

It's not my b-day yet, but since the car was sold I convinced Holly that I should get my present a good 30 days early.


I took it for a quick 2hr spin today. 10miles of paved trail was a good way to get the seat positioning locked in. Then I hit the dirty connector to the hillside trails. Did a few short laps for 7miles. The bike fits perfectly (thanks Sterling), and handles like a dream. I instantly felt comfortable on it and was bombing all of the fast sections. I even cleaned all of Rollercoaster (including the creeks & switchbacks).

The only problem (which I expected) was the higher bottom bracket. It puts me closer to some of the trees on the corners. A few times I thought that I was going to hit a tree with my shoulder. I remembered the same issue when I test drove other 29ers. However, by the end of the ride, I was already getting used to the difference.

I can't wait to race it to see how it rides when I'm at the limit.

This message was sent using the Picture and Video Messaging service from Verizon Wireless!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Ride!!
Enjoy

Unknown said...

Nice ride Tom. How about Taco Ride on Wednesday?

Steve Fuller said...

NICE!!!! Congrats on the new bike and the upcoming bday. :)

Rusty Car said...

yeah, blah, blah, blah, nice 29er. I am happy for you but, don't talk about big wheels till your bike loaning full suspension riding close to the ski lifts free lodging buddies get sik (all the same letters of another word) about hearing about it. Pictures are good, brain washing sucks

Iowagriz said...

I'm just getting ahead on the bragging rights so I can cope with a certain former flatlander showing pics about skiing epic powder days. Get yourself a pass this year!!!

Rusty Car said...

hehehe....

round trip airfare from Omaha to Denver is $133. Pack some shoes, and a helmet I got a dual bouncer waiting :) Though you would have to stop and wait for me on the trail every now and then.

Simbo and Jason should plan on coming too.