Sunday, May 18, 2008

Center Trails with the Little Ladies

Holly and I had a great Sunday with the girls. After a quick lunch we unloaded the bikes at Ashworth pool to hit the center trails. The girls on their new 26er's and Holly and I on the mountain tandem. The girls were here last fall on their smaller wheeled bikes and I was a little worried about how they would handle the new bikes on the trails. No problem! They handled it like pro's. We took J11 to Denmans and rode the 1st 1/2 of Denmans before bailing at the berms, then took the connector trail to the Trestle and back to the car. 1hour of riding and 5.2miles for the girls. No crashes and they rode the better part of the trails. In fact, they probably would have attempted all of it, but I had them get off for a few of the larger logs and tight squeeze trees (like the exit of little italy). Holly and I probably had a harder time on the tandem than they did on their bikes. Here are a few pics of the day:
Maddie and Hannah sportin the fashion.....
Hannah making it through the squeeze tree on J11.
Maddie concentrating before the same squeeze tree.
They both wanted to try this 15 foot log boardwalk in Denmans. I held their seat so they could power up and on top and then I let go about 1/2 way across. Maddie is showing perfect form by lifting her butt off the seat while applying power to the pedals.
Hannah did just as well and made it across, probably did 1/2 on her own. She now knows that she needs a little more speed to stay stable for the full length.
I can't wait to get them out on the trails again. Maybe I will have them attend the Monday night rides at the Center with me. Either that, or I will start a kids night to get the local parents and kids out on the trails together.



No comments: